Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability
Please Read Carefully Before Booking
TO: Chocolate Foot
In consideration of Chocolate Foot accepting my participation in any individual event organised by Chocolate Foot (“the event”) which may involve a significant risk of physical harm, I agree to this release of claims, waiver of liability and assumption of risk. I am aware that mountain biking is a recreational activity which may involve, in addition to usual and inherent risks, personal injury, obvious risk, danger to myself, the possibility of injury and harm and physical exertion for which I may not be prepared, remoteness to normal medical service, weather extremes subject to sudden and unexpected change and evacuation difficulties if I am disabled.
I accept all of the inherent and obvious risks and that mountain biking is a dangerous recreational activity and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage or loss resulting therefrom. I acknowledge that the enjoyment and excitement of mountain biking is derived in part from the inherent risks incurred by the activity beyond the accepted safety of life at home or work and that these inherent risks contribute to such enjoyment and excitement being a reason for my participation.
I hereby release and forever discharge from all liability and agree not to sue Chocolate Foot and their officers, employees, volunteers, agents, contractors, public bodies, land holders and sponsors from any and all claims, suits, demands, expenses, costs, damages or proceedings of any nature whatsoever arising from any personal injury, death, property damage or loss sustained by me as a result of my participation in the event.
I hereby indemnify and hold harmless Chocolate Foot, and their officers, agents, contractors and sponsors from and against all claims, suits, demands, expenses, costs, actions and proceedings of any nature whatsoever arising from any injury, loss or damage sustained by me or any injury, loss or damage suffered by any other person as a result of any act, omission, neglect or default on my part in connection with my participation in the event.
I further agree:
1. That if I suffer injury Chocolate Foot can arrange medical treatment and emergency evacuation services as Chocolate Foot deem essential for my safety and that I am responsible for those costs.
2. That I will wear an Australian Standards approved helmet at all times when riding my bike during the event.
3. I will advise the event organiser if I have a specific medical condition that may affect my safety or the safety of others.
4. That my name, photographs, video, audio recordings, multimedia or film likeness can be used for any legitimate purpose by Chocolate Foot, the sponsors, or assigns.
5. That I accept the terms of the Refund Policy